Product successfully added to your shopping cart
1) INTRODUCTION TO PDPA
Personal Data as defined in the PDPA is defined to mean data, whether true or false, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to access to.
We will only collect your personal data directly from you, in accordance with the PDPA. We shall take every effort to notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used, disclosed andor processed, as well as obtain your consent or deemed consent for the collection, use, disclosure andor processing of your personal data for the intended purposes, save for where it is mandatory or authorised under the applicable laws and regulations to do so without consent.
2) COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal data collected from you may include your first and last names, telephone numbers, physical and email addresses, donation information, etc, which enable us to fulfil your order for products/services and for any other purposes as specified in the section below. You have the right to choose not to provide the requested information, but it is possible that we may not be able to fulfil your order for products/services and certain functions provided for in our website portal(s) may not be available.
Gaia Pets collects your Personal Data either directly from you or from your authorised representatives (i.e. persons whom who may have authorised, who have been validly identified as being you or your authorised representative pursuant to our then-current security procedures), from third parties, or from publicly available sources or through our website including, but not limited to, the following ways:
- When you submit a form to sign up for our newsletters;
- When you interact with our customer service team (e.g. via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings, emails, posts and messages on our social media pages etc.);
- When you use some of our services, for example, websites and apps including establishing any online accounts with us;
- When you request that we contact you;
- When you make a donation through our websites;
- When you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data;
- When you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and customer service team;
- When we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons; or
- When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously but please see our Clause below on Cookies.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should take due care to ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us are complete, accurate, true and correct at the date of submission. Failure on your part to do so many result in our inability to provide you with the Products and/or Services you have requested.
3) PURPOSE FOR THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We generally do not collect your personal data unless
(a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or
(b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- Performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- Verifying your identity;
- Responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you.
Where permitted under the PDPA, Gaia Pets may also collect and/or use your Personal Data for the following additional purposes:
- Analytics and tracking;
- Conducting market research and surveys to enable us to understand and serve our Gaia Pets customers better, including, but not limited to, understanding preferences, demographics to improve our service delivery and customer experience at our touch points;
- Providing additional products to benefit you, including promotions, loyalty and reward programs at Gaia Pets;
- Matching Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision, marketing or offering of products by Gaia Pets;
- Administering contests, competitions and marketing campaigns, and personalising your experience at Gaia Pets;
- Communicating advertisements involving Gaia Pets products, special offers, rewards, either to our customers generally, or which we have identified may be of interest to you (including, but not limited to, upselling, cross selling and online marketing);
- Organising promotional events and corporate social responsibility projects;
- Purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid; and
- These examples are not exhaustive. You are encouraged to peruse the Second, Third and Fourth Schedules of the PDPA that are publicly available at agc.gov.sg .
- If you have provided your Singapore telephone numbers, Gaia Pets may contact you using such Singapore telephone numbers (including via voice calls, sms, fax or other means) with information about our products or those product and services offered by our preferred partners (including discounts, flash sales and special offers) in accordance with the PDPA’s Do Not Call (“DNC”) provisions.
We may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in the clauses above for us.
The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
4) REQUEST TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
When you shop on our website, we may send you promotional/marketing material via mail along with your order package. If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you sales, marketing or promotional information via a specific mode, please email email@example.com.
Please be aware that upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within 30 business days of receiving it. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/communication during this period of time.
Note that even if you withdraw your consent for the receipt of marketing or promotional materials through a specific mode, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the Products and Services that you hold or have subscribed to with Gaia Pets.
Please be informed that your withdrawal of consent is still subject to Section 25 of the PDPA where personal data can be retained for legal or business purposes.
5) ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing us a firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will cease to retain your personal data or remove the means by which the personal data can be associated with you as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the personal data is no longer necessary for any business or legal purposes.
We endeavour to adopt reasonable measures to dispose of the personal data within a reasonable time after it is no longer necessary. For instance, paper documents containing Personal Data are securely destroyed, and electronic files storing Personal Data are permanently deleted.
7) TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
8) REMOVAL OF PERSONAL DATA
If you wish to deactivate your account and remove all of your data with us, please contact our customer service team at email@example.com. We will send you a notification after deactivating your account.
We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
9) DATA SECURITY
To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures. We cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us before we receive it and any transmission is at your own risk.
Accordingly, you should ensure that you only transmit your personal data from a secure environment and you are at all times responsible for your own privacy or security settings. We are not responsible and accept no liability for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other third-party websites or links.
- Enabling certain features and functions on our websites, e.g. remembering your details, browsing and other services preferences;
- Building up a profile of how you and other users use the website;
- Improving the efficiency of our website;
- Administering services to you and to advertisers; and
- Establishing usage statistics
Most internet browsers provide you the option of turning off the processing of cookies, but this may result in the loss of functionality, restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Advertisements on the Gaia Pets website may be provided by third party advertisers and their agencies. These may generate cookies to track how many people have seen a particular advertisement (or use the services of third parties to do this), and to track how many people have seen it more than once. Gaia Pets does not control these third parties and their cookie policies and if you have questions about their cookie policies, please contact Gaia Pets and we will try our best to assist you by providing information about these third party advertising agencies.
Gaia Pets is not responsible for the Personal Data policies (including Personal Data protection and cookies), content or security of any third party websites linked to the Gaia Pets website.
11) GOVERNING LAW
The Personal Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.
Any query or complaint should include, at least, the following details:
- a) Full name and contact information of the data subject
- b) Brief description of the query or complaint
We treat such queries and complaints seriously and will deal with them confidentially, within 10 working days.